AOL email stopped working
kyes731

My AOL email has stopped working.  I've tried clearing the cache, clearing out and re-entering my password.  I can't delete the account - I've tried repeatedly, but since it is the default account and that can't be changed, deleting it is out of the question, I guess.  I haven't gotten any new mail in over a week.  Taking the battery out or shutting off the phone and restarting don't work either.  I'm out of tricks.  Help, please.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: AOL email stopped working
mlleelise
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay! I got through to a Verizon tech who seemed to know the story - and a temporary fix. He explained that when we all get updates to our G3 phones, it is up to the various MAIL SERVERS to update their servers accordingly.  At present, only gmail seems to keep current.  He said Verizon has no control over when aol or yahoo or hotmail update their servers to communicate with the G3 phones with each android system update.

However, he told me what he did with his phone, until the server updates are done: 

-go to the google play store

-find and download the "K9" app (K9 is the one app that keeps up with all server updates)

-add your usernames and passwords for aol or yahoo or whatever

-DO NOT try to manually set up incoming/outgoing server info - this will be done automatically by K9 for you.

I installed K9 and it works perfectly...it doesn't look as good as what I'm used to, but I can get ALL my email - and for the first time ever, I can actually see & use my mail folders as they are on my laptop! The way to access your folders: open your email to your current email list, then hit the left key (menu) - you will see the option "Folder List," which opens up your folders.

I hope this works for you folks too.  Like edcbittner, when trying to use the email app on my phone (for aol), a long hidden string was in my password text box too. VERY frustrating...but at least we have this K9 app for now, as a work around.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mlleelise
Enthusiast - Level 2

My aol email stopped working too...as well as yahoo mail. I've tried everything too. HELP!

0 Likes
AOL email stopped working
peggy001
Have you gotten any resolution to the yahoo mail issue?
0 Likes
mlleelise
Enthusiast - Level 2

No - none at all. And I am ticked! It feels like we're being forced to use only gmail. Not happy.

<< Signature information removed to comply with .  Please remove signature when replying via email, especially if it contains full naem, email address, phone numbers, and other private information. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jmeis

I have the problem as well. It looks as though it is not confined to to the GSIII but across the board. I tried clearing the cache etc. that was posted on here and it didn't work. It deleted the account and will not allow me to add a new account, error 503 service not available. From the posts on here it started about 12/20 and no response from VZW..........

0 Likes
peggy001

We are headed to the VWZ store to see what they say and will let you know what we find out.

<< Personal information removed to comply with >>

0 Likes
mlleelise
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! Will look forward to your posting!

<< Signature information removed to comply with .  Please remove signature when replying via email, especially if it contains full name, email address, phone numbers, and other private information. >>

0 Likes
kyes731

<Comment about moderator activities removed per the .>  I see Verizon techs sometimes address issues that customers post, but this one is either one they don't care about or simply have no answers for.  How about it techs?  We all could use some answers.

Unfortunately, I no longer live in an area that has Verizon service centers.  The closest one is about 45 mins away.  Has anyone gotten any answers from a service center yet?  I'd appreciate any help you can give.  Even if it is that I need to go to a service center.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
peggy001

The VZW service center rep advised us to download the Yahoo app rather than use the one that came with the phone.  That worked for us.

DITTO on the VZW techs ignoring user questions. 

Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 8:09 AM

To: <Personal information removed for privacy>

Subject: Re: AOL email stopped working - Re: AOL email stopped working

created by kyes731 in Samsung Galaxy S III - View the full discussion

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<MODERATOR COMMENT: The Moderators are here to keep posts on topic, remove personal information, to clean up profanity filled posts, keep users from attacking others, remove discussions of rooting, remove duplicate posts, and other things which are a violation of the . We are not customer service reps or techs.>

0 Likes