Accessing your gallery opr vz media photos from you laptop connection
anniedog34

Pictures saved from my messages to gallery show on S20 phone but do not show on my laptop through DCIM or vzmedia when I connect with USB.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Accessing your gallery opr vz media photos from you laptop connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Annie! We do understand. To further assist you, I will be sending you a PM, so we can check this together and find out the best resolution.

>Lara

0 Likes
anniedog34

I solved it myself. The problem was being able to find texted saved pictures from my text messages on my S20 phone, but not being able to find them on my laptop when I connected S20 phone to ASUS laptop.  Usually I would go to "Internal Storage" to  "DCIM" and click on "VZ Media", but nothing was there.

So, after tallying several hours with Verizon over a couple days, without a solution, I connected my S20 to my Asus laptop, and clicked on "Internal Storage"  and explored every link until I got to "downloads" which had many on-line non-related links, a "My Verizon" link which contained 6 old on-line documents, and a folder icon with description in paranthesis "(invalid)".

I took a shot at it and a few recent pictures I had "saved" to S20 Gallery  appeared in the "(invalid)" folder. Where were the rest of the pictures from over the years? In an earlier session I had had with Verizon, I had gone to S20 Gallery and renamed some albums as a possible solution*. So, I clicked out of "Downloads" and explored "Internal Storage" again and found a link titled "New Text Messages". There were all my texted pictures. There was also a link for "Pictures" under "Internal Storage"  that had a single picture I texted about 10 years ago!

*In the meantime the previous VZMedia icons are all Cloud-related.  From the phone Gallery, the three dots at the top right don't take you to VZMedia, but to Verizon Cloud.

I don't use the Cloud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated. Glad you were able to get the issue resolved and provided the steps on what you did. 

-Tionna

0 Likes
anniedog34

I made this original post and was careless with my typing. Title should be "Accessing your Gallery VZ media photos from your laptop". However, VZ Media doesn't mean what it used to, as it pertains to the Cloud.

0 Likes