Activating New Unlocked Samsung S22 to Replace Existing Phone
HowardInPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have zero experience with unlocked phones.  My wife just got a new S22 through Verizon a couple months ago, but it was just stolen while on vacation in France. I never purchased the phone protection plan so on our own to replace it.

On Amazon I ordered a brand new factory unlocked S22 (for less than buying a new one through Verizon with no trade in, etc).  We’re still in France for a while.

When I get home to activate it, does anyone know if I need to buy a new SIM card too? There will be nothing to copy from the old device since that is gone.

I’m just looking to find out as much as possible in advance about what is needed to activate a new unlocked phone on an existing phone number.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activating New Unlocked Samsung S22 to Replace Existing Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, HowardInPA. I'm sorry to learn that your phone was stolen while in France for vacation, and we want to make sure that we help you as much as possible. First, you need to confirm that your unlocked phone is compatible with our network, please visit this link https://www.verizon.com/sales/digital/byod.html?&lineNum=1#/ to confirm compatibility.

If compatible, the unlocked phone can only be activated with Verizon while connected to our network in the United States. Is this information helpful? 

-Antonio

0 Likes
Re: Activating New Unlocked Samsung S22 to Replace Existing Phone
HowardInPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I ended up getting a Verizon branded S22 instead. Good price at Best Buy.

0 Likes