Add custom notification sound S22
PSUHammer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Howdy.

I am trying to set custom notification sounds for different contacts on my new S22 phone.  I used to just need to drop the sound files (mp3, etc.) into the "Notifications" folder in Internal Storage and they would show up as a selectable custom notification sound in settings.   For some reason, even though these files are in the right folder, they no longer show up as selectable.  

Has something changed with Verizon or recent devices?  Is this a locked device "feature"??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Add custom notification sound S22
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@PSUHammer ,

Custom ringtones are common with almost any phone, and there is definitley not a lock involved with using one on your S22. To use a saved sound file as a ringtone instead of the stock listing, open the Contact and tap on the Edit option at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "View More." Scroll down to Ringtone and tap on that, then finally tap on the + icon in the top right corner. You may be asked to allow permissions for Contacts - that's normal and should be allowed. This takes you to the Sound Picker, and even lets you search for specific tracks to use. If it's not found in there, it cannot be used as a ringtone.

-Russell

0 Likes