Advanced messaging on Galaxy s21 Ultra
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just switched from T mobile to Verizon and brought my S21 Ultra with me, only to find out that only the S9 supports it? Clicked on  Samsung messages and was told it was available only to get an error. How does the supposed number 1 carrier only offer rcs to a phone 3 generations old when the other 2 carriers fully support it? We pay a lot for our devices and should be able to use all the features that we paid for. And verizon wonders why  they are losing ground to the other carriers. Looks like back to t mobile for me.

Screenshot_20210609-110629_Messages.jpg

  

Screenshot_20210609-110632_Messages.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Advanced messaging on Galaxy s21 Ultra
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whats funny is their workaround is to use Verizon's messages + which is horrendous or google messages which isn't much better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for this experience, Mikem2572. We understand this feature is important for you and the last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. Do you still need assistance with this feature?

Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes i do. Advanced messaging is extremely important to me. If i knew it was only available for a phone 4 generations old, i never would have left tmobile. If advanced messaging, (rcs) works with my phone, i will stick with Verizon. Only issue i have but its a big one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikem2572, we would not want to see you leave us over this. You are correct, advanced messaging is only available on a Galaxy S9 (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-222792/).  We have a wonderful messaging app called Verizon Messages that we hope you'll check out! Please take a look at all it offers: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/  What exactly is it that Verizon Messages doesn't have that you would like to use in a message application?  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need rcs to work, thats what i need in a messaging app. Verizon messages is an ugly, gawdy mess.  No matter how much i customize it, the UI is ugly. Samsung messages is clean and simple and supports Rcs. For a company that charges more than anyone else, you would think that they would be on par with the other 2 big carriers instead of just offering rcs to a phone that is 4 generations old. i paid a lot for my phone and verizon service and expect everything my phone is capable of to work.

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

Messages + has a horrible look and layout and i still don't have Rcs while using it so it is worthless to me. Could you please explain to me why it would be available on a phone that is 3 yrs old and not a phone with latest technology that costs a lot of money? Why would verizon not activate it for current model flagship when tmobile and at&t have it? That seems to be the only answer i get from reps....use messages +. Its ugly and doesn't solve my issue.

0 Likes
Thor69

did you contact care / tech to have the feature added to your account it is a free feature that does not automatically go on

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did, multiple times, was told its only available for galaxy s9 and was given a canned response that they have a wonderful app called messages +.  Messages plus has a horribly ugly interface and rcs only works with others using the app. No good for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with your concerns as a customer with us and want to make sure that your issues are addressed with your messages. As mentioned by Thor69 we would have to add the advanced messaging option if that is what you were looking for. In order to do so please send us a private message to further assist.