After Siii 4.3 update, pics are missing.
blackjac7

SD card pics are there but not pics from camera taken over xmas - new years. Found .dat in myfiles, vaultservice, picturethurmbs that coincide with the dates. Anybody know how to recover them? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: After Siii 4.3 update, pics are missing.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is so odd blackjac7! Holiday pictures are so important. When you took pictures, were you able to see them in your phone? (gallery) Are you able to view them now? Let's start with the basics, please remove battery for 30 seconds and then restart phone. If you still can't view pictures, try removing the SD card and reinserting it. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cmassey00

This has also happened to my husband's phone and let's say he is not too happy.  If there is anyway to recover the pictures would love to know how to.

0 Likes
blackjac7

Thanks for your response. I've already done the basics. All previous pics are on the SD card. 2 pics remain in the phone gallery that were taken after the others that were lost and before the upgrade. As said above, I found the .dat files that coincide with the dates of  pics lost but do not know how to retrieve them into pics again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided blackjack7. If you have removed the SD card from the phone and the pictures did not return, unfortunately, there is not a way to retreive the picture. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmassey00- I know the pain of having pic deleted from my phone. The good news is that if your huband has the photos backed up to a computer, sd card, or cloud service, then they can be restored to the device. Do you know if he proactively backed up his information?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
blackjac7

What about the .dat files, can anything be done with them since they are a 'record' of photos that were there?  Backups should be suggested/required before updates are pushed automatically. This kind of problem should not happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@blackjac7,

I understand how frustrating this must be for you. Unfortunately, if you are unable to view the picture on the phone there is way of recovering the picture.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes