After performing the verizon update this morning, I have no vibration options or haptic feedback options?
Nyquist929

After performing the verizon update this morning, I no longer have any option for vibrate when calling and have no haptic feedback option. I went into settings and checked my sound options and i also went under language and input and in both places the vibrate/haptic feedback is in light grey and is unclickable. What is going on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After performing the verizon update this morning, I have no vibration options or haptic feedback options?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You turned on power saving mode and that could be graying out your vibration control settings. Phone vibration eats up power in a big way. Set your phone for normal operation not power saving and give it a try. The S5 is one of many makes that save battery power by turning off vibrate/haptic mode. hope this corrects your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: After performing the verizon update this morning, I have no vibration options or haptic feedback options?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

With downloads files get moved  around more then normal, so first try a reset to see if system will clear & return to normal working mode.

0 Likes
Nyquist929

Ok so i reset it and it worked for a few minutes and now it is back to not working and "greyed out". What is the next step

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

After resetting and it working did you change any settings? Also you should check vibration intensity, and test for normal basic vibrations in sound setting or are they grayed out also? After the 2nd reset it worked which shows your system files are not blown out. Again do a complete check of all your settings to be correct and then reboot once more.

0 Likes
Nyquist929

No i just turned my power saver back on and changed my back ground back to where it was. I touched nothing else. My vibration intensities are all the way up but the vibrate when ringing is not on and the haptic feedback is greyed out. I shut it off and restarted it again after resetting and its still the same. All my settings are good but I cant get those two things to work

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You turned on power saving mode and that could be graying out your vibration control settings. Phone vibration eats up power in a big way. Set your phone for normal operation not power saving and give it a try. The S5 is one of many makes that save battery power by turning off vibrate/haptic mode. hope this corrects your problem.

0 Likes