After the Lollipop upadate, Galaxy S5 won't automatically dial my Voicemail Password
EastyT

After the Lollipop upadate, my Galaxy S5 won't automatically dial my Voicemail password.  The dial string is set up in Phone/Menu/Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail Number.  The number is set to *86,,XXXX# where XXXX is my VM password.  It dials the VM systems which prompts for the password, but won't automatically send the password.  This worked great before the update.  I have tried re-entering the VM number and even assigned the VM number to a contact and assigned that to the Voicemail NUmber field with no success.  Also reset the phone.

0 Likes
Re: After the Lollipop upadate, Galaxy S5 won't automatically dial my Voicemail Password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns regarding the process to access your voicemail EastyT! While manufacturers main intension is to improve your wireless experience with every software update, it is normal for software updates to make changes to certain features, and even remove some features from one version to another. Try entering your entire wireless number followed by the comas and your password#, and see if that works.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: After the Lollipop upadate, Galaxy S5 won't automatically dial my Voicemail Password
EastyT

I tried your suggestion and the phone still connects to Verizon VM but does not autodial my password.  Also, at the suggestion of another tech, I reset the data and force closed the "Phone" app which had no effect.  What was curious is that using the Application Manager and choosing ALL apps, I found 3 Phone applications, One with the Droid icon with a cube in it's belly (system file?) and two with the standard phone icon I see on my home screen.  All three of these applications have the same version number.

0 Likes
EastyT

Also, I have a friend that has an S5 on verizon that lives a couple of blocks away, he upgraded yesterday also and is having the exact same problem.  I have also seen others on the internet (Android Central) that have had the same problem and theirs kind of fixed themselves.

0 Likes
thunwolf

ANOTHER POORLY TESTED SOFTWARE UPDATE BY VERIZON......  AT THIS RATE, VZW WILL SOON JOIN COMCAST FOR POOR SERVICE!!

0 Likes
thunwolf

You should really learn how to solve problems or become a politician.... That is the WORST answer you could give!!

0 Likes
jag3droid

Having the exact same automated Voicemail password failure on my galaxy s5 since Lollipop installation. A successful workaround for me was to put the automated password string (*86,,XXXX#,,,,1) in a  regular contact named "Voicemail" and then attach that contact to a direct-dial widget. That does work under Lollipop. But it's annoying as hell that Lollipop no longer reads the voicemail pw string from the Call settings, because now you can't just tap the Voicemail notification line item, you must enter extra keystrokes.

0 Likes
jkuchtaofmi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay Verizon, when are you going to fix this problem?  I am having the same issue.  I see many other people are too.  I have edited my voice mail password in settings numerous times.  Tried wiping it out totally, Tried wait symbols, my phone number, all kinds of combinations. Lollipop just ignores the pause and everything after it.  I guess your tech support people did not test this feature.  Shame on you!  I have linked my voice mail password to the quick dial 2 and it works there.  Just does not work on the quick dial 1.  Sounds like this won't be fixed until you implement Lollipop 5.0.1 or 5.0.2.  Get with it!

0 Likes
AtomSF

I'm having the same problem, since lollipop.

0 Likes
Joe1319

Same problem. Have not been able to find a fix. It also changed my keyboard so that it is unreadable.

0 Likes