Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alerts
DDLu

Why in the world would Verizon send me a data alert at 4 a.m. advising me that I only have 10% data remaining...(BTW...for some reason when we only had 15Gigs of data we never went over...since we switched to 24G we're getting alerts every month...I don't understand. Not much has changed.) Back to the question...I get an alert at 4 a.m. THEN can't access our usage to see what's happening!!!

Very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear that the messages went off at that time, DDLu. The messages are sent as soon as our systems detect that your data limit has been reached. This could be going off due to delayed reporting for your data from the towers to our systems. Once it is reported, it triggers the data alert. Have you looked into your data usages? Newer devices can cause data to drain faster as more functions could be running at a time, with greater speed or operating in the background if not turned off. If you're using an iPhone, updates can cause the Wi-Fi Assist and Smart Assist on the device to turn on which can trigger the device to use cellular data over Wi-Fi.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes