All data and pics did not backup to cloud
FLGUY0328

I recently had to get a warranty replacement for my Samsung S6 while I wait for the S10 to be released. I made sure that I had a current backup from my old phone to Verizon Cloud. After restoring the backup to my new device many of the photos were not there. So I logged into my cloud account a realized they were not there either. My first question is why? I have not factory reset or returned my old phone yet. How do you suggest I remedy this situation? Can I reactivate my old phone? Will the missing photos still be there? If they are would you suggest not using Verizon Cloud and instead backup to another source like Google Drive? I'm worried I lost these photos forever.

0 Likes
Re: All data and pics did not backup to cloud
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ensured that the missing photos are still on the phone?  Have you enabled Google Photos backup (and if so, ensured that it's set to only back up over wi-fi?)?

Back up photos & videos - Android - Google Photos Help

You also could copy the photos to your computer.

Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 edge - Move Pictures / Videos from Device | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: All data and pics did not backup to cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, FLGUY0328, and thank you for taking the time and opportunity to reach out to us. We'd be more than happy to review any questions, issues, or concerns you have in regard to your Verizon account. To start, please provide us with more details in regard to your current situation, so we can continue to look into this to the best of our ability for you. To start, how long has it been since you've reactivated your old device? The reason we ask, is that in most cases, you do have the ability to back up your information for up to 60 days on your Cloud services. You can complete this step and then perform the restore on your new device. Did you want to continue to look into this option further?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes