All of my calls are going directly to voicemail.
DanEvansJr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S8+

First...yes, I've seen other threads on this and (1) most of them have no solutions. (2) the ones that do have solutions do not apply to me or did not work. With a problem apparently this widespread, you would think it would be a priority to get it fixed. I've seen none so far.

The problem is, I'm seeing no notifications or indications at all that a call was received or missed UNLESS there's a voicemail left. This is happening for all calls, regardless of time of day or source of the call or the person that is calling (a known contact or an unknown number).

Here's what I've tried:
1. The phone is not in DND (Do Not Disturb) mode.
2. There are no attached devices (watch, Bluetooth headset, etc.) that would interfere with the status of an incoming call.
3. This happens if I'm at home on my wi-fi, or out in the world.
4. I've called myself from other phones (cell and land line) to confirm.

Here's what I refuse to try:
1. I will not switch SIM cards.
2. I will not factory re-set the phone.

At this point I'm considering other carrier options, so any real help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All of my calls are going directly to voicemail.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are truly sorry to see you in this dilemma. We want to make sure we resolve this issue as we value your business and would hate to see you leave. We appreciate all the details. Let's dig deeper.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made (software update, new apps, etc.)? Aside from the calls, any other issues (texts/data)?

0 Likes
BCY1234

Same issue here....it is intermittent...but most of the time inbound calls to my iPhone go directly to voice mail.  No ring. Often the VM message does not appear on my phone.  I replaced my phone with a new iPhone and have the exact same issue.  My spouse's phone has same problem as does my next door neighbor.  Reported to support, but it has been going on for a week so far.  Basically, I am not getting the service I am paying for as I cannot receive inbound calls.  Very upset that this has not been addressed to date.  Spoke to repair again yesterday and was assured it would be addressed.  I have a repair ticket number.  I do use a Verizon network extender which has been working perfectly for months.  Otherwise without the extender, I have no 4G service in my location.

This needs prompt attention,  PLEASE!

BCY1234

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BCY1234. We're truly sorry to learn that you have been experiencing this issue with your phone. What model iPhone do you have with us? Is your phone connected to Wi-Fi Calling when this issue happens? 

0 Likes