Allow us to call our phone number and leave a voice mail
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Allow us to call our phone number and leave a voice mail.

In the past, I was able to call my landline, and leave a message on my answering machine.  Later I would listen to the message, which is usually a reminder.

It would be good if I could do the same with my cell phone.  While I'm driving, I could call my phone number (with one-touch) and leave me a message.  Later, I could retrieve that message.

0 Likes
Re: Allow us to call our phone number and leave a voice mail
bearone21
Legend

call from a landline!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bhs67, staying connected is certainly important. We would be glad to ensure you are able to leave your self a voicemail message. To ensure we get to the root of the issue, I do have a few questions. What make/model phone do you have? How do you normally check your voicemail on your cell phone? What do you hear when you call your phone number from your cell phone? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Calling my own phone number from my Droid Turbo 2 takes me to the voice mail system prompt to enter my passcode.  Once entered, I can choose option 2 to leave a voice mail.  When prompted for who to leave the voice mail, entering my number lets me leave myself a voice mail.  That seems to do what you want, although not as direct maybe.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An alternative is to use Google Assistant to set reminders.

bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't text, etc. while I'm driving a car.  I want to be able to hit my phone number (on my car dashboard), and leave a message, while I'm driving.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bhs67, we understand not wanting to text while driving. Please know calling your number is working as intended. We can lift this up as feedback but in the meantime, you can try looking for other applications to help with reminders on the Play Store or App Store.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes