Android 10 update breaks apps from reading texts
petey100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Huawei smartwatch that notifies me of text messages on my watch, that broke when upgrading from Android 9 to 10. Also another app that plays a specific ringtone when detecting a certain word in a text message. (I get paged for work through text messages). This is a Samsung Galaxy S10+ 

Also just realized I can't see/find battery usage. I wish I stayed at 9.0!!

Anyone else see this and have been able to fix it? I have reinstalled, reset the cache, done all the routine stuff. I chatted with Samsung and they said it would be fixed in a security update but not quite sure how I request that or get it.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 10 update breaks apps from reading texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do everything we can to provide the best support we can give! To get into an account to review all of our options, please send us a Private Message from your Facebook or Twitter account. Other ways to communicate with us would be found here: www.vzw.com/support/contact-us . We hope to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
petey100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have received another update in the meantime and nothing I have tried seems to fix the issue. I did find an app called TASKER which I was able to do something custom which does the same thing as my app so I am working now. I do see battery usage now and my smartwatch seems to be getting texts (after 2nd update it required a CACHE clear). So I am pretty much there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that some of the issues are resolved, Petey100. I want to make sure that everything is resolved. Can you tell me more about what issues you are currently having now? I want to ensure that I help you as much as I can. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes