Re: Android 13 update?
arc549
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SaltyS21U_User 

I assume you mean using the Smart Switch Desktop App in conjunction with your instructions?  I did that last night and despite it saying I have the latest version, I'm still on Android 12 with the October Security Update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If the update is not available in the settings, we would need to wait until Samsung releases it.

>Patricio

0 Likes
arc549
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jmartinez168 I just checked for updates on my phone and it is downloading now!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for keeping us in the loop, arc549. I am here for support and standing by to help as needed!

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
jegesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unhelpful answer.   Samsung already released the update, and if you're from Verizon customer support, how come you don't know that?. 

It's Verizon that is holding up the release of the update for S21 Ultra devices, not Samsung. 

0 Likes
jegesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's why I say it's Verizon that's holding up the S21 Ultra One UI5.0 and Android 13 update:

My wife's Verizon S21+  already received the update two weeks ago.  TMobile and AT&T have also released the S21 Ultra update more than a week ago. 

Verizon has apparently release the Android 13 update for all S21 and S22 models now, EXCEPT the S21 Ultra 5G model.

Why does Verizon always lag behind with updates?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that you're eager to get your device updated. The update does come from the manufacture, then we do need to properly test its compatibility with all of our apps and services. This is to protect the functionality of your device. All the information we have available regarding updates for the S21 Ultra can be found here: https://www.verizon.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s21-5g-update/

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
rinren
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • Galaxy S21+ 5G (Software Version G996USQU4BUK7 or later; Android Security Patch Level 11/1/21)
  • Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (Software Version G998USQU4BUK7 or later; Android Security Patch Level 11/1/21)

https://www.verizon.com/support/software-updates-5g-ultrawideband/

I am still on G996U1UES5CV18 on S21+ 5g