Re: Android 4.3 Update
jnunez13

So you guys have no set release date for the os ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jnunez13 wrote:

So you guys have no set release date for the os ?

They never do. Until the support docs are posted on the Verizon Wireless website,  an update isn't official.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kreibold87

I was informed by one of Verizon's IT staff over the weekend that the release of the 4.3 OS was already out and that Verizon was only updating S3's in batches of 10,000 at a time. Was I apparently lied to in this regard? I have purchased the Galaxy Gear Watch and now I'm just waiting for the update to be released prior to me being able to use it. What's going on?

0 Likes
ca_randy

If that is true, then all the VZW comments about please watch http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2012/12/samsung-galaxy-s-III-android-jelly-bean.html , for the latest. A page that has not been updated in over a year, are false.

0 Likes
AtHome

Well your answer is here the 4.3 Update has dropped as of today. Enjoy Smiley Happy

0 Likes
AtHome

Try forcing the update and see if it comes.

1. swipe down and click settings (the gear)

2. click on More

3. Click on About phone.

4 Then click Software Update at the top.

5 Then click Check for new software update.

I got my update this morning at 10 am. Good luck!!!

0 Likes
Sss427

Is this for real? I don't see any news posts about the update.

0 Likes
gwhizkids
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you mind posting the build number?  Would make those of us waiting feel much better!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ca_randy,

Thank you for being interested in device software updates. For the latest software updates released and the steps to have them update via the device are here http://vz.to/1bCKL5B
This page updates the most recent updates pushed to all our verizon wireless devices. Enjoy!

PeterV_VZW

follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine didn't get it OTA yet Smiley Sad.  Maybe I'll check Kies, I didn't try that yet today

0 Likes