Android 5.1.1 update????
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will you guys update the S5 to Android 5.1.1? I'm stuck on this buggy and insecure version and you guys obviously don't care because you have had the update for months and haven't released it. It's not a "nice treat" it's a necessity for us to receive this update. Samsung  says you have it so why don't you release it? Your customer service also sucks no one can answer back on facebook or twitter to help me with my problems it has been days since they have said anything.

Re: Android 5.1.1 update????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone wlm9700 . We would never ignore you and we know it's important to have the latest software. You can stay updated with new software her on our website http://vz.to/1lfGy0P . What specific issues are you having with your phone? We can help .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please �Correcte �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you "always wanted me to have the latest software" you would release android 5.1.1 for my phone to have it up to date. There is a huge security vulnerability called stagefright that gets fixed in the version so It needs to be released.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The low level reps at Samsung won't know the full status of an OS update that has to be specifically designed for the Verizon Wireless model of the phone. The VZW reps won't know either until the update is ready to be released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been 6 months since it was made and Verizon should have it released already.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless can't release anything it doesn't have. Google released the base code to the manufacturers. The manufacturers (Samsung) has to adapt the code to the specific model. They need to work with the various hardware components to get them tested and certified to work with the updated code. Once Samsung deems it complete, they send the update to Verizon Wireless for testing and certification on the Verizon Wireless network. Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code during this process. If there are issues, the update is sent back to the manufacturer (Samsung) for revising and the process starts over again. If the update is approved, then Samsung and Verizon Wireless work out a schedule to release the update to the customers as soon as possible.

Since Samsung isn't open about their update process there isn't any official way to know exactly where an update is in the whole schedule. However HTC and Motorola has published details on how the process works. From their information, each phone is worked on independently and some devices take longer than others.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

You would think that since VZW has the 5.11 on other Samsung models they would have a clue what may need to be tweaked. Every other major US carrier has 5.11 on the S5 except for VZ.

0 Likes
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just out of curiosity I looked up when AT&T and Verizon rolled out 5.0. VZW actually hit the update a week or so before AT&T in April 2015. Now VZW is a month behind AT&T in 5.11.

0 Likes
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

Stop being in there side when we know they have it and just won't give it to us.

wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want my update to android 5.1.1 for my Galaxy S5 please release it soon I'm tired of this Buggy 5.0 update.