Android 7 battery drain
nlehrer54

I have been running Android 7 for about 3 months.  My battery is draining much faster than android 6.  Battery usage display was not useful.  Now I have wiped cache, removed recent apps, and disabled many of the apps from Samsung and google.  Now battery usage shows screen 8%, phone idle 4, os 2.

The screen is set at auto.  It is not bright and it shuts off quickly.

Suggestions please.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Android 7 battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most out of your battery is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern niehrer54. I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

How long is the battery life after the recent software update? Have you checked to see if there are any pending updates for the apps on the phone?

Make sure you don't have any high risk apps on the phone http://vz.to/2rmeC2m

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nlehrer54

Under android 6 I got about 13 hours.  Now with 7 I get about 9.

No high risk apps.  Don't play games.  No pending apps.  Just chrome,  yahoo email, some text messages....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

niehrer54-

Battery life is important and I trust we can get to the root cause of your concern. Has your usage changed since the software update? (internet usage, e-mail push on notification frequency, text messaging, etc)

Please run a device diagnostic to check on your battery life and see if it is in good health by following these steps http://vz.to/2bvlbJe

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have the auto update off in the play store? Have you checked to see if any other app updates automatically

0 Likes