Android Security Settings - Bluetooth Trusted Device
Jer_B

I have a Galaxy S9+, and in the device settings under Lock Screen and Security > Smart Lock > Trusted Devices it says "Add a trusted Bluetooth device to keep this device unlocked when connected." I'd like to not have to put in my phone password when I'm at home, and even though I have Trusted Places set up for my home address it seems completely random as to whether it works on any given try. Sometimes I don't have to put in my password, sometimes I do. Not having any Bluetooth devices, and not knowing any better, I ordered a $10 Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle for my Windows 10 PC from Amazon. Windows 10 installed the dongle without any issues, I paired my phone to Windows 10 Bluetooth without any issues and it shows my phone under Bluetooth Other Devices. My phone shows my computer as a paired Bluetooth device. When I go to Trusted Devices and click Add Trusted Device it lists my computer, but when I select my computer I get the message "Can't add device. Make sure Bluetooth device COMPUTERNAME is on and close enough to connect to this device." The phone is about two feet from the dongle, so that's not the problem. I also tried changing the Windows 10 Bluetooth setting under More Bluetooth Options to put a check mark in the "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC." What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a setting on the phone or in Windows 10, or are there specific device requirements for a Bluetooth Trusted Device?

0 Likes