Android System
MELSUD17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, i'm curious, as i've had many android phones on Verizon, why is my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's Android System at 42%? I have never seen the Andriod System (under battery usage) use so much battery power. I'm getting 1 full day at the most right now. I have powered the phone off, and back on, switch to the battery saving mode (but not all features run in this mode). i cannot seem to get the Android System to a "normal" precentage. Any siggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Android System
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you cleared the cached partition after the last update?

Volume up/ home/ power at the same time til it goes into recovery booting Then go to clear cache partition using the volume down then use the power button was the  clear cache is highlighted. Then reboot see if that helps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MELSUD17, I know that I would be just as concerned with a lower than expected battery life as well. We are here to help out. Kathy65793 offered a great tip to help clear out potential causes. Have you noticed a difference with the battery life?

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MELSUD17
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have tried this and even did a factory reset. right now the android system is at 52%. i'm nor sure what else to do, but my battery lasts about 8 hours now. it seems to be getting worse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MELSUD17,

This is quite concerning. We want to get to the bottom of this issue so you can go back to having a properly working device. Are you having issues with voice or data signal? What is the signal strength you're receiving where you use your phone the most? You can find this under Settings>About Phone>Status>Signal Strength?

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MELSUD17
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am getting excellent signal strength and voice/data. i even upgraded to android 7.0. after the update, my android system was using 8%. my battery was lasting almost 3 days. now a week later, i'm back at 23% on android system usage and 14% on android os usage. i am only able to make it through 1 day now. i've seen this issue online from others. maybe i should try a different company besides samsung, but i owe to much on this phone.

laurenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the additional information, MELSUD17. I know it's important to be able to have enough battery life so you can rely on your phone when you need it. I'm glad to hear you were able to update to the most current version of software, that's always best. When checking the battery usage are you able to tap on the Android OS and Android System to get a closer look as to what exactly is using battery? Are you using sync services on your phone such as Google? Or possibly stock services such as Google Now or S Voice? Please review additional information on extending battery life here Extend Battery Life - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes