Android system responsible for 70% battery?
dsp98

Hi there!  I am an android newbie coming from iPhone.  I have had my S4 for 4 days now and am trying to tweek things to make my battery last all day (which it isn't so far!)  When I check my battery in my settings I notice that it says Android System is at 70%.  When I have looked online at other people's screen shots of their battery usage they are in the single digits.  Am I doing something wrong and running something I shouldn't be?  I always made it all day on my iPhone and bought the S4 after reading that the battery is fabulous.  Will it impove after a few more days?  The Verizon store told me to bring it back within 14 days and switch out battery if it doesn't get any better.

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Re: Android system responsible for 70% battery?
npw2k6

Well first of all, welcome to Android!  Android OS should not be taking 70%.  Mine runs at about 6-10%.   I would check a few things and if they don't help talk to verizon.

1. Check for updates (Settings  - More - About Phone)

2. Check to see what apps are running (task mgr)

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Android system responsible for 70% battery?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am seeing this too on a Galaxy S4.  I have only had it a few days.  The software update was installed within 12 hours of activation and I have disabled several apps on the device.  When I look at the details of what is using the Android system I see the following details.

30% discharge currently over 10h 30m

Android system has used 75% of the battery

Screen is 16%

Android system

CPU total 4m 33s

CPU foreground 38 seconds

Stay Awake 7m 47s

Included packages has a long list of apps and services.  I stopped counted at 30, but there were many more.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes