Thank you for *****ing me again Verizon. You take a smartphone that works fine, stick in a nagging update notification, and then make the phone a big piece of crap afterwards! WHY WOULD YOU CONSISTENTLY DO THIS?????
Last first version of an update bricked my phone... as in the battery completely stopped charging.
- GPS is weak and takes forever to get a signal. Yes, I have GPS toolkit, and even if it were to magically fix everything, it SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY!!
- In Call Audio stops working regardless of BT or phone. I could make a bunch of calls, all be fine, and then all of the sudden i make another call and there is no audio. <<Comment removed >>
- Battery Life is weak! I am lucky if the phone lasts half a day
* Factory Reset? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I shouldnt have to!!!! Why give customers that pain and suffering?
* Call tech support? seriously? They can mainly tell me to turn it off and back on again. Thats it.
<< Rooting discussion removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>
I am SO SICK of things being intentionally broken. it is RIDICULOUS!!! This might be the final straw that pushes me over to T-Mobile (which is faster anyways... and cheaper)
Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I was in the same boat as you however I did discover how to roll back the firmware to the previous version so it works 100% now. I went into verizon and she had told me there was no way to do it and as she was playing around with my phone it restarted twice on her and she basically gave up on helping me. Needless to say I ordered a iPhone 6. My buddy had always told me that androids are great but if you want something flat out reliable and works go with a iPhone.