Another update issue, I've already done the factory reset, did NOT HELP
bknipp77

My S5 is completely unusable since update. I can not unlock it, answer calls, open texts. The screen is 100% non responsive now. I've been pulling battery to hard restart it, have done this 3x in the last hour, and the touch screen will not function, this started with the update.

I went to local Verizon store *(NOT a dealer, the actual verizon store) they had me do a hard reset and re load apps from cloud, it has not helped at all, it's worse now. The battery is being gone through faster as well, and it's not even being used, WHERE IS THE FIX?

0 Likes
Re: Another update issue, I've already done the factory reset, did NOT HELP
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It doesn't sound promising, but have you tried Settings>Display>Increase touch sensitivity? After a factory reset have you tried not doing any installs or loading from the cloud to see what happens? How old is the phone? You have a manufactures warranty of 1 year from purchase date.

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

After reading the forum posts about the latest update it seems that Verizon is ignoring the problems with the update. Most of Verizon's responses are "you have a setting wrong". It's a pretty bad image so far.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never ignore our customers, David Smith! We are here to assist in any way that we can. You deserve the best with us all the time. After a major Software update, there is a time frame for your phone to optimize back to normal. If something wrong with your phone? Please allow us to assist here and find the root cause.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pensftw

When can we expect the FIX update? #ignored

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I read unofficially by the end of July.

0 Likes