Any updates on 4.3 OTA for Galaxy SIII?
krissh

Verizon CSRs - do you guys have any updates or dates for OTA updates for Samsung Galaxy SIII to JB 4.3? All other carriers - big and small seem to have gotten it already.

0 Likes
Re: Any updates on 4.3 OTA for Galaxy SIII?
Klue
Master - Level 1

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Cruise over to Android Central and read all the problems the S3 folks are having after downloading 4.3.  I believe this update has been pulled for the S4 because of so many issues.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Heck, just read all the issues reported on this forum about the S4 with the 4.3 update! 

Klue
Master - Level 1

Very true tikibar1, as I am a S4 user myself (still on 4.2.2) however the point is driven home a little harder when they get to read about their own phone, since Verizion doesn't have it here yet.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's true; and I agree ... be careful what you wish for!

0 Likes
PaulMartocci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really don't care about any of the "issues" people claim are happening. I want my 4.3 update and I want it now. I mean it's bad enough that we got screwed over with not getting 4.2. I want to be able to print to my network printers, I want the updated interface and all the goodies that come with it. Verizon should allow the customers who want the update to download it. I mean hell, if 4.3 is so "bad", Just give us 4.4 KitKat and make us S3 users happy.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi krissh,

I can see interest your getting a software update on the Galaxy S3 device. Here's a link to the latest software update available http://tiny.cc/2q256w. To check on any further alerts on a software update, visit here http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
krissh

Kule and Tikibar1 , I see that AT & T has resumed deploying the updates soon after. I spoke with a CSR on Verizon yesterday and they confirmed that Samsung has asked them to hold on to the update while they work the kinks out. And then Verizon is going to add their code / features and do their own testing. From the sound of it, I don't think we will see a 4.3 update before EOY at the earliest.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Paul Martocci,

Software updates make the device better, so I can certainly understand your excitement! Verizon Wireless and Samsung are working extremely hard to ensure you receive the best device experience. While we do not have any information on the 4.3 update, you check for the latest software releases here http://vz.to/1aW6wgh.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RogerSC
Contributor - Level 1

You guys must have been stars in the "Active Listening" class.  No information, just sympathy.

Great job, nice use of the script you were given.

0 Likes