Re: Any updates on 4.3 OTA for Galaxy SIII?
MyPet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still patiently waiting for the update.  Any news??

0 Likes
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

There is a report that the UK version of the 4.3 update has been issued a patch. It's funny that in the amount of time that the UK version not only received the 4.3 update and reported problems and is receiving a patch, that Verizon has yet to release the 4.3 update to the Galaxy S3...

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-43-jelly-bean-update-att-galaxy-s4-rollout-resumes-international-gala...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what's going to be better in 4.3 that you just can't live without?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting krissh. At this time we do not have any information regarding the update. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and sevices by clicking http://vz.to/13N0B6O

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

@VZW Got word from tier 2 tech that the 4.3 update is in final stages of testing... any idea of when it should release?

lizzieamelia96
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any new news?

krissh

@bearone21 Due diligence and and timely manner are mutually exclusive. If you plan in advance and pull the strings the right way (if you care about the customer experience), you can achieve both.

0 Likes
krissh

It's more about how you handle things. It's laughable if you tell me that Verizon cannot get Samsung to get the source code earlier than 6 months from original PDK launch.

0 Likes
krissh

If you think about it, what do you need more than a 4.0 device for a smartphone experience? Why do you buy new phones every two years? I'm not trying to be a prick, but when T-Mobile and AT & T can deliver their software - mind you with no glitches now - why can't Verizon?

I understand not delivering 4.2 - too much churn. But if you can't deliver one software update in 6 months - what does that say about Verizon? Can Verizon do the same thing to iOS customers?

By entering a contract I would expect Verizon to give me the best experience (besides the subsidized phone). Verizon is not giving away the phone nor or they doing a favor by giving software updates. They recover all that cost and more through your contract period (or with termination fee).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

updates happen on other carriers and they are often not the first as well. You can see just as many complaints on other carriers. Verizon was the first with Moto X getting theirs. Just because another carrier got theirs first doesn't mean poor customer service or Verizon is withholding updates to get people to upgrade or whatnot. There's complaints on other boards about how their device isn't working right. If Verizon wants to spend more time to reduce this great. Doesn't matter anyway if stuff hits the fan Carriers will be blamed either way right.