Re: Anybody else having trouble with GPS
mavazqpr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes this last update just does not work.  To many issues and problems with app not working and now the GPS is not fixing.  Update is to improve not to take you to the stone age

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

gonna bump this up to see if I can get a CORRECT answer.

0 Likes
dkosicki

I'm having the same problem as well.  Ever since the KK upgrade, GPS will not work.  I've not tried the factory reset yet, but am not hopeful it will help.

0 Likes
dcoon1812

I am having the same problem. I can't use either of my navigation apps. But what is weird is that it didn't work for a while after I got KitKat, then I went on a trip to upstate NY and it started working. It worked for a while when I got back, but has stopped again.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Make sure for Location, you are set to High-Accuracy. ???

0 Likes
lisa_in_atl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with my S4. Since the update GPS does not work. I also tried a full reset and even had a replacement phone sent under waranty...as soon as the update is installed no GPS.  I will be going back to Verizon again today to get resolution!

stef7
Master - Level 2

Tell us how they address the issue.

0 Likes
techchecker

Ever since I upgraded to kitkat the GPS will not lock on. I've factory reset the phone and brought  it to Samsung at bestbuy who flashed the phone. Still will not work. Called Verizon many times and a couple reps say its a known issue for a small number of phones and no fix available.

0 Likes
FreddieJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. It started after the latest update. I've done all the fixes mentioned and it will work for a little while, then goes out again. Extremely frustrating. Every time I heard "GPS Signal Lost" I cringe. GPS is the main reason I bought a smart phone in the first place. I can't use my running apps, can't use navigation reliably. I am really frustrated and really angry. Hope that enough of us will post and otherwise contact Verizon and/or Samsung so they will fix this issue. I was loving my S4 up until this happened.

0 Likes
wrighjb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue and a factory reset did nothing but waste time...the latest update to my phone at the end of October screwed up so many things.  Why do they do this send out updates the screw up our phones?