Re: Anyone been scammed out of their BOGO for the Samsung 7 ?
JOSSEI37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following the recommended link lead to my appeal being approved in 4 days.  I've received notice that I will be receiving my rebate within 10 days.

0 Likes
DEBGRI67

Yes !  I have been battling with them since I originally got the phones in the spring of 2016.  The customer reps at the store are always very polite but they still keep giving me the run around.  They gave me a number for the global network that was so bogus it was almost funny.  There was a long string of promotions that you could either "press 1 or #" for more information.  Then there was a " say the name of your town" and say  your last name" section- They kept on trying to tell me my name was Russell and it was an automated phone nightmare.  But back to the problem.... I went in today to try to cancel one of my lines because my son will be in Australia for 6 months and is just using a prepaid phone.  My intention was to pay off the one phone and then cancel the line. They could not even tell me how much i owed on the phone after 9 months!  They called in several of the reps to try to " figure out my situation" and  finally asked me for my phone number and carefully  took my number down- Why???  so that they could call me when they figured it out.  I remember when I made the original BOGO for the Samsung Galaxy S7, I asked the rep if I would be able to pay off the phone after 6 months.  Oh no problem!!!! Right!  Anyway, even though I jumped through all the hoops and submitted  paperwork and exact photos of the bar codes on my phones to yourwirelessrebate, and also to resubmissions, now they are telling me  that they have no idea how much I owe, whether my phones are paid off, whether they sent me a visa card ( they did not!)  I cannot believe that this company could be so dishonest.  I am actually shocked to see that they are scamming the customers with these huge BOGO posters ( back in the spring)  in the Verizon store and then the rep talking me into doing the deal.  And now for some reason, no they didn't really mean BOGO and yes I did have the service for the required 6 months ( 9 months) but now no we don;t want to disconnect your phone  even though your son is in Australia because we are still trying to figure out why you did not get the BOGO special that we advertised.   I just can't believe that they are scamming me after I put good faith in them and switched over from Sprint.  I have already submitted a complaint with the FCC on them- who knows if that will even be read.  But I am so frustrated with getting the run around over and over and jumping through all their hoops- first they didn't like the xerox copy of my bar code on the phone, so then I took one on my phone and sent it in.  I submitted and resubmitted over and over again and never really heard back from them.  I was supposed to " check my status" with my order number.  I guess I should have realized that my status was that my cell phone company was trying to rip me off despite advertizing BOGO.  I am so frustrated that it makes me want to just change my service back to another company and take these phones in and give them back .   Really frustrated in Marble Falls Texas

0 Likes
DEBGRI67

yes I am wondering as I look over all these complaints about the BOGO special and then  the counter response from Verizon - promising to help out the customer.  Is that for real?  I have noticed that everyone is really "NICE" and "POLITE" when talking to me online or in the store but they come to a certain point in the "investigation" where they just can't figure out my problem.  Its like you should know my phone number and my information.  I pay my bill to your every month.

Like someone said, is Verizon going to do the right thing like I do every month when I pay my bill.  I mean why are they advertizing these bogus specials?  People are going to get cell phones regardless.  But when you look online and you see how many complaints are against Verizon for  not being honest about the BOGO specials or about charging extra for data, it makes you wonder why they continue to be dishonest and have this sort of reputation?  No matter how much they advertise, the fact that they are not being honest about the specials is really bad advertising.    What is the pride in having a company with so many complaints? 

0 Likes
codyt70
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh bubby

they do not care about you  they do not care about me  they do not care about pride  they dont even care about the "can you hear me now " guy.    it all comes down to profit.  do not be fooled.