Anyone else have internet connectivity problem after security update?
Sborgen0915
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ran security update this morning. Now cannot connect to internet through any of my wifi networks!

Re: Anyone else have internet connectivity problem after security update?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you try going into settings-backup and reset-reset network settings? Then reset the settings.The security update might have thought that your wifi connection was not secured and is blocking it. You will have to put your password and stuff that you need to connect to your wifi but it should clear it so it will connect. Although I am seeing a lot of people on here that are having a problem with their wifi since the last update. Hopefully soon that will come out with the reason this is happening

0 Likes
Sborgen0915
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ended up having to reset the network settings and then forget all wifi networks. Unfortunately, still haven't been able to connect to my OnStar account. The rest

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Sborgen0915
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately the reset took down the calendar sync I had for my exchange server email. Such a pain putting everything back together. Also not strictly Verizon's problem since the update was generated by Samsung. Not going to get a whole lot of help eventhough their business tech support guy was nice.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are supposed to improve your phone not make it worse Sborgen0915. I am sure we will get your phone working again. I do see that you did mention that you reset your network settings. Were you able to get connected to WiFi again? What have you done so far with your corporate email to get it to sync again? Are other emails syncing correctly?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sborgen0915
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to re-add my corporate email to the native calendar app so it would sync. Also had to add regular Hotmail email to the native calendar app so it would sync. It appears resetting the network settings caused this problem.

I still don’t have connectivity to my OnStar Wifi but was able to get it working on my other networks at work, home and gym. So frustrating, lousy security patch product.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the steps that you have so far. Have you removed any saved connections from your cars menus as well? Are you able to make the connection while in Safe Mode via these steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211218

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes