Anyone else having issues with the latest update?
Dsbrown1999

Anyone else having issues with the latest update? I.e. - no screen rotation (even when enabled), no IR signals from PEEL app, random pictures received from text messages, screen doesn't know when to turn on or off when on a call. This update really sucks!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else having issues with the latest update?
bowlfer

I've had the same golf theme for 3 years and now the update won't let me use it unless I want to give up some apps. Then I had to redo all  my settings. In today's day and age, new technology is supposed to make things simpler, not penal.

0 Likes
JENGIL44

I've been having major issues since the update as well - first it was restarting randomly and freezing.  That lasted a few days - now it won't charge unless the battery has been fully drained and the camera stopped working.  The message I get when I open the camera app is "Warning.  Camera failed" (the camera doesn't work with third party apps either).  I tried a factory reset last night, but am still having the same problems today.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to make sure your phone is working with no issues JENGIL44. Updates are meant to help your phone and not hinder it. I'm sorry about all the issues you're having but we can help. Did you start to have the issues immediately after the update or after downloading any new apps? Did you make sure all your current apps are up to date? Apps that need to be remove or updated can cause issues with your phone if they are not compatible with the new software. If you have a 3rd party camera app, try removing it to see if that stops the issue. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
goodsaw10

I am also dissatisfied with the April update.  Cannot make a call as easily as before, have to hit name, THEN hit "call" many times before a call is initiated.  [Removed]!  Happen on other apps/icons too and shouldn't as I have bear paws for hands - I am not missing.  Also hate the loss of favorites!!  Like the message pop ups but they are too small too read, even if not multitasking and cannot find a place to change font size.  Can I reverse update, or can you offer advice?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are saddened to hear that you're having issues after this recent update, Goodsaw10. I do apologize, once an update is pushed through and installed, the update is permanent. Have you tried to uninstall your application that you are using and update it afterwords? Did you check to see if there was any new settings that you can change on your device?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
InWaves457
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I am having serious problems with new update.  I hate it. My phone looks and operates differently and not in a good way:

Calls drop, auto correct doesn't recognize common words, all fonts and sizes changed...

Hate it. Not what I want.

How does this get fixed??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

InWaves457, let’s get this S6 back into shape. When it comes to dropped calls there are a few settings to look into. Kindly head to Settings > Advanced Calling  > verify that HD Voice is on.

As for the auto-correct, in Settings > Language and Input, what language and keyboard is it set on?

DavidH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENGIL44

Thanks for your response.  Yes, these problems started happening immediately after the OS update.  I've tried a factory reset and didn't install any apps (other than those factory installed).  This helped marginally with the battery problem.  Charging works intermittently - seemingly with no rhyme or reason as to when it actually charges.  It doesn't matter if it's a factory cord or not.  Over last weekend, after the reset, I thought it was okay because it I was able to charge and it didn't freeze or shut down.  Now it's back to randomly shutting down.  Currently it won't turn back on. 

The camera problem wasn't helped by the factory reset, but that seems like small potatoes at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doing a factory reset is quite a lot of work, JENGIL44. We appreciate all you've done to troubleshoot your phone after the update. I've sent a direct message to your email so we can work on the next steps together.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes