Anyone having problems with Verizon Tones?
RAYSTAMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to upload a new ringtone via Verizon Tones.

The App is maddening. When I search for say, "Old phone ringer," when it pulls it up and I hit the tone icon, it switches right to the buy page. I can never sample the tune. When I hit tha back page, I lose the entered search data and have to re-enter. Same thing again.

Who wrote this software? What good are 370,000 ring tones if the App selling them cannot provide a sample after a simple search?

Get the bugs out!

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems with Verizon Tones?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As an alternative, you can use any .mp3 file as a ringtone by placing a copy of the file in the phone's Ringtones folder (in internal storage) or use  ZEDGE™ Ringtones & Wallpapers - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
RAYSTAMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANKS!!! ZEDGE be much mo-bettuh!!!

What a fool I was to think my provider could upload something so complex as a ringtone to my phone. (Although it was a piece of cake on my flip phone a decade ago... But that was soOOo long ago.)

I guess we just aren't paying enough for our phones. Maybe if we double our payments they can write apps that work.

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your Verizon Tones are working the way they should RAYSTAMAN. We are happy to help. When did this issue begin? Do you have the same trouble if you try to access the ringtones through your web browser?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RAYSTAMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rashad,

The app was accessed through the App Store and downloaded. Once installed, it never functioned correctly (as explained above).  I uninstalled it and re-installed it and it functioned the exact same way. Totally wonky.

Per the suggestion above, I downloaded Zedge and in 30 seconds, found the ringer I wanted and downloaded it. And it cost me NOTHING! Every time my phone rings now it puts a smile on my face.

P7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having issues as well. Have tried the uninstall reboot reinstall but still not working

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to use your Verizon Tones app P7. Let's work towards a solution. What specific issue are you having with the app? What model phone are you using?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes