Anyone having success with screen protectors for the Samsung Galaxy S8
PATTEM47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to an S8 three weeks ago yesterday.  In one week the screen protector I bought at the Verizon store cracked while I was trying desperately to open an app.  I had to push so hard to get the app working that the protector cracked all the way down the phone.  I went to the Verizon Store and they replaced it free of charge with another one.  That one cracked yesterday, end of week three.  This time it cracked when the phone fell on the floor, face up.  I am quite frustrated with this.  It makes me hate the phone because I cannot easily text or open apps.  Anyone finding something that works?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having success with screen protectors for the Samsung Galaxy S8
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered not using a screen protector?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

wearles66
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be honest I don't use one . From what I have seen there are not any real good tempered glass screen protectors for this phone either due to sensitivity issues or not sticking to phone and gap issues . Find yourself a good minimalist case. Clear if you want to show off the back. With a raised edge and if worried about the scratching issues use a film  . I understand the one from Samsung is quite good.of course there is always a pholio case.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or this option. http://www.androidcentral.com/samsungs-2piece-case-actually-kind-perfect

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PATTEM47, getting great protection for you smartphone is so important these days.  As great as smartphones are they are never cheap and people pay too much to risk having them being damaged in any way.  Here is a link to all the current screen protectors for the S8 http://spr.ly/65828cxpO .

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATTEM47
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no way I'm buying one of the curved screen protectors from Verizon.  I ended up going to Best Buy and purchasing a film made by Zagg.  They put it on for me, which was no easy task, and I couldn't put it back in the case for 24 hours, so I handled the phone very little during that time.  I can now text, swype and open apps with ease, which I couldn't do with either of the screen protectors from Verizon.  I understand that this "rubber" type screen protector will not stop damage to the screen, but neither would those plastic ones I had at first. 

0 Likes
PATTEM47
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I will not purchase another screen protector from Verizon.  I gave it two chances and both of those cracked under what I consider to be minimal usage issues.  I have now purchased a film that adheres to the screen, and that has returned the functionality of the phone features, which I didn't have with the Verizon products.  I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the Verizon products.  Poor.

0 Likes
bassetbait

This has worked well for the last month. Follow directions exactly.  Amazon.com: ArmorSuit - Galaxy S8 MilitaryShield Lifetime Replacements [Case Friendly] Screen Protec...

I did have to trim off a little at the top where it overlapped the sound speaker.

0 Likes
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

PATTEM47,

I apologize to hear about the experience. We do not want the problem to continue and we truly value you as a customer. Please allow me to see what I can do for you. We do sell these products but unfortunately, we don't make devices or accessories. No need to worry I'll be more than willing to assist you since here at Verizon, we always want to make it right. I understand the importance of your time and I sincerely apologize about the false expectations. Please check your inbox for my Private Message.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Galning

I have tried 6 different types on my S8. I found 2 that work well. If you want a dry install films, Ringke Invisible Defender is nice as it wraps around the side of the phone. I actually found a tempered glass that is working great with no loss of sensitivity- Mediadevil  brand. It is only $10 shipped @ mediadevil.com. Hope his helps!

0 Likes