April 5 Security Policy for S8?
blinden
Enthusiast - Level 1

It appears my new S8 only has the April 1, 2017 Security Policy applied and when I click to update policy, it tells me that the latest policy is applied, but there is an April 5, 2017 security policy that was released. When will this be pushed to S8 users?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: April 5 Security Policy for S8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We take security very seriously. As soon as the new patch is available for your device it will be pushed out. Keep checking here for updates http://vz.to/1P9lNh0 .

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cmarshack
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was really hoping that the update which was pushed out this morning would include the April 5 Security update, but no, it did not.

Verizon, there is a reason that an update was made to the security policy just 4 days after the April 1 update.  It is because there is a major vulnerability that needed to be addressed.  Since you have not pushed out the April 5th patch I have not been able to access my corporate network rendering my very powerful S8 useless as a smartphone.

I am very disappointed that you have not pushed out this critical security update.

Can you let us know when this will be available?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We take security very seriously. As soon as the new patch is available for your device it will be pushed out. Keep checking here for updates http://vz.to/1P9lNh0 .

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Akbok
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update has been out for more than a month and the May updates are already starting to roll out.

Like the 2 previous posters said, I'm one of the few in my org who can't get email on their phone due to how long it's taking for the APRIL 5th security updates to get pushed out.

Please escalate as we're already more than a month behind.

0 Likes