BOGO Credit?
MCGABELL

On 16 June 2018 I upgraded a Samsung S5 (mine) and a Samsung S4 (wife's) to two S9s under the BOGO deal they offered at the California, MD Target store. The rep (Connor) indicated he was the District Team Captain that handled the accounts for five different area stores and he rotated among them, to monitor the people he supervised. Connor indicated we were eligible for upgrades and I was not required to add a new line to my account in order to obtain the BOGO. I told him I was definitely was not interested in paying $799 each to do an upgrade; however, with the BOGO deal, it seemed reasonable. He then indicated Verizon would do a double-billing for the first three months, after which we would receive full credits on our following bill for the second phone's charges to datew. He indicated we would then see a charge & credit on each bill thereafter and that it was due to the way Verizon's BOGO deal was set up. Five months later I am still paying full price installment payments, of $33.33, for each of the S9's. Am not sure what is going on here as I was assured the second phone we procured that evening (June 16th) was going to be complimentary after the three-month billing cycle? Any assistance from the forum would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: BOGO Credit?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The BOGO promotion requires a new line of service for one of the phones. Whoever told you otherwise wasn't trained properly or they just wanted the commission.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MCGABELL

Ann154

Thank you for the expedient reply. It appears I was mislead by an apparently unscrupulous sales representative regarding my good faith purchase of a BOGO pair of phones. I certainly would not have obligated $1,600 for a pair of (upgraded) phones as the ones we previously had were still working well. Other than approaching the manager of Target for allowing unscrupulous business practices to occur in their store, on Verizon’s behalf, what other recourse do I have available at this point?

Thanks in Advance,

Mike [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the s4 & 5 were working well.....

i have my old s3(no longer used on wi-fi) + s5(some wi-fi) & the s5 barely limps along with most tasks.

too bad the target store concession ripped you off but that's the chance you take when they offer what they know they can't deliver..

lesson hopefully leaned, deal with a corporate store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, sorry to hear about the confusion regarding your upgrades in June, MCGABELL. We definitely want to make sure that we are on the same page regarding any promotions. I understand you purchased the phones in a non-corporate location, however, I don't show any upgrade only promotions that would allow for a "buy one, get one" around the time mentioned. As Ann154 pointed out, there was a promotion that required a new line of service in order to get a free phone. If you haven't already, I would suggest reaching out to the Target store where you purchased the phones as this may have been a Target store specific promotion. Also, I have sent a private message to gather some more details. You can check your private messages here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes