BYOD Features Supported
ltjumperduck

What features are available when I BYOD from another carrier to Verizon? I brought a Samsung Galaxy S10 from T Mobile to Verizon and it seems like some features are not available, what is the list of features unavailable for this device? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BYOD Features Supported
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mainly they are Verizon Wireless exclusive features like Wi-Fi calling and the Visual Voicemail application. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ltjumperduck,

Congrats on joining the Verizon family! I've been looking into the S10 myself, given I have an out of date Samsung phone at the moment. Getting the most out of your device's features is always a good thing, so let's look into the problems you're experiencing. To begin, what features are you referring to exactly?

We don't have a list of features to reference, but Ann154 is accurate by stating that you'll lose out on Verizon specific features. Please tell us more about your current feature concerns, and we'll address the matter accordingly.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
ltjumperduck

Well the list of features mentioned previously work fine, the issue I have is no cellular service internationally. I tried getting travel pass enabled and they couldnt get it to work, I was told pay as you go should work and that doesn't either. When I travelled abroad with T Mobile on the same phone I had no issues, now I can only use my phone if in my hotel.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ltjumperduck,

Yikes! I wouldn't want to be without a connection during international travels, so let's look into this further and fix it for you. When traveling, it's important to make sure your roaming settings are toggled on, so your device can connect to a mobile network abroad (http://spr.ly/66021gJjs). Also, when you are traveling next, please be sure to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so we can do real-time troubleshooting. This way, we can escalate the matter if needed. I'm certain we'll turn this experience around for next time.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
ltjumperduck

Who should I contact on facebook or twitter? I have turned on roaming data and global connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, ltjumperduck. You can easily reach out to our Facebook Social Media Team at www.facebook.com/verizon or on Twitter by following and DMing us at @VZWsupport.

Here are the many ways you can contact us: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes