Backing up message+ texts on an old phone
keithpi

How do I back up message+ texts on an old phone (Galaxy J7) running Android 9?

#android9 #galaxyj7

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backing up message+ texts on an old phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried using an app from the Play Store, like SMS Backup and Restore ?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I can definitely assist you with backing up your device. To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon!

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

*Angela

0 Likes
keithpi

Please re-send the link. Just saw your response.

Also, right after I posted this question, the phone screen broke, so now the question is how do I back up or recover messages from a phone that is still working but I can't use the screen to unlock or navigate?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to access and transfer your stored data (e.g., text mesages, contacts list, music, videos, etc.) from your old phone to your new one is very important.

There is an available option to help by viewing the information provided to initiate a Content Transfer. Please visit our website for more information at http://spr.ly/6605zjfAB.

Please let us know if this works for you.

-Robert C.

0 Likes