Backup Assistant Plus not working properly after update I545VRUGOF1
frzn77

After software update I545VRUGOF1, on Aug 21, 2015 back up assistant plus is no longer working for my contacts.  I was able to verify online the contacts are still there, but the Sync process is no longer working.  I started off getting the following error:

"Backup Assistant Plus has lost network connection(36) please try again."

I have tried with the WiFi disable, and only using the 4G, this did not make a difference

I have tried clearing the cache, in recovery mode, this did not make a difference

In App Manager under Backup Assistant Plus I have clicked on the "CLEAR DATA" then the "FORCE STOP" buttons, this did not make a difference

This is where I think I may have went too far on my own:

In App Manager under Sync Service I have clicked on the "CLEAR CACAHE", "CLEAR DATA" then the "FORCE STOP" buttons, I then noticed a difference, when I navigate tot he "Contacts" App, Settings, Backup, I now get new window "Restore your contact", almost like it is setting up for the first time. But I now get a different but similar Message:

"Provisioning Failed Backup Assistant Plus has lost network connection(36). Please try again."

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Plus not working properly after update I545VRUGOF1
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frzn77-

We want your contacts to sync flawlessly without any issues. I see you have tried some troubleshooting steps already which is appreciated. What make/model phone you have? Have you tried downloading the Verizon Cloud app from your phone? Please keep us posted to assist with the best resolution to this concern.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frzn77

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4, I hadn't previously tried downloading the Verizon Cloud App, as the Backup Assistant Plus worked for both of my phones.  The other being a non-smartphone....(flip phone...Samsung Convoy).  I would like to get the Backup assistant Plus working again on my Samsung Galaxy S4, and continue to use the same backup solution for my contacts, if it is possible.  Is the non-Cloud App backup solution still a supported solution by Verizon?

0 Likes
MyLittleChickadee

We have 2 Galaxy S4's with the same problem.  I'd prefer the backup assistant plus vs. the cloud myself.  Actually, I'd prefer anything non-cloud based.  A cloud is just someone else's server that's capable of being hacked.

0 Likes
QueenCt

Since I am hearing that others have experienced my same issue with Back Up Assistant Plus, can you confirm that the actual issue is that if you use Verizon Cloud, you cannot use Back Up Assistant Plus?

After 3 calls to a Verizon office recently, no one could seem to figure out the problem.  I came home and opened up Cloud on my tablet, and there they were...all of my contacts just waiting to be uploaded.  Go figure??

I really could care less to use the Cloud app, but will if I have too.  Just tell me how to get rid of Back Up Assistant Plus if it will not work.

Thank you,

Cheryl

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same problem with my S4. Not sure I saw a solution in this thread.

0 Likes
Bellefior

Count me as another one having the exact same issue, still unable to find a solution.  As others are mentioned, my contacts are apparently in the Cloud, but the Back Up Assistant seems not to be working at all (worked fine previously before the last software update).  Also received the same messages as the original poster, but without having done a force stop or data or cache clear. 

I was able to backup my contacts on the Cloud, so I'm wondering if the other poster was on the right track, you can't use both?

0 Likes
Bellefior

Can't edit my original post but wondering if we are being forced to replace the Backup Assistant Plus with Verizon Cloud?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

BUA is now Cloud.

0 Likes
Jpgolffedex

I'm having the exact issue.  What was the final fix?

0 Likes