Backup broken and red screen borders now appear after jlybn update...
Texrayspex

My 6-month-old, 32GB Galaxy SIII had its OS updated recently and now something is wrong.  Since the update, every time I launch certain apps the screen flashes a 1/8" wide red border (seems like a warning of some kind.).  Also, I have not had a successful backup since the update and when I try to force one, the app sends back a notification that there was a communication error.  My Wi-Fi connection is working just fine otherwise, but my pictures, contacts, etc. haven't been updated in over a month.  It was bad enough having to wait several months to get the updated OS, but to then have unrecoverable errors crop up is frustrating!  (My brother bought the same phone at the same time and his update seems to have worked just fine.)  What else may be broken that I haven't yet seen?  Should I take the phone in to a local corporate store and ask for a new one or is there a fix for these update errors?  Is there a revised update in the works?  Most days I am at work until after the local Verizon store closes, but I'll try to take it in soon  If anyone else knows of similar update errors, please post them to this thread...

0 Likes
Re: Backup broken and red screen borders now appear after jlybn update...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search is your friend in this community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes