Bad reception with Samsung Galaxy S7
Bmg1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this S7 for a couple weeks now and at home my reception is terrible, have dropped several calls. This never happened the previous two years with my HTC M8 phone always work good. So I don't think it's Verizon service maybe this Samsung phone. Is there any way to fix this problem

Re: Bad reception with Samsung Galaxy S7
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What sort of network are you seeing at home? LTE, 3G, or 1X?

Check to see if HD Voice is enabled. Settings > Advanced Calling > See if HD Voice is checked.

Since the S7 is new enough, if you have HD Voice enabled you may want to try enabling Wi-Fi Calling on your phone. This will allow the phone to use your Wi-Fi for calling if it's placing calls over LTE (Which is what HD Voice does).

Alternatively, you can disable HD Voice on your phone. Just note that by doing this, Wi-Fi Calling will no longer work, you will notice a decrease in audio quality, and you will also be unable to use mobile data while on a call (Wi-Fi data will still work). At some point too, Verizon will start to retire the old CDMA network (it still has a couple of years yet), so it's best to report coverage issues to Customer Service so they can be fixed with Microcells or improved antenna positioning on the existing cell sites to optimize the network for pure LTE.

MERGIL87
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the worst reception I've ever had with a phone.  At home it drops calls and seems like it picks up a lot of interference signals.  I can't call anybody from work because the call won't stay connected -- this is true inside and outside the building.

The other features are great, but what good is a phone if it doesn't actually make phone calls?  A poorly named mini-tablet, in my opinion.

I worry about it dropping calls in case of emergency, and am reluctant to turn on wifi calling because I won't remember to turn it off I am somewhere else.  Won't do me much good for emergency services to turn up at my house when I am calling from a different location.

Remediation, please!  I don't want to be stuck with this lunker for the next two years.

EDM1101
Enthusiast - Level 1

No and it sucks.im getting rid of this [removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
EDM1101
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its bad everywhere and changing settings should not matter.i worked at verizon when i bought it.there is no excuse.sometimes sim or reset but not this time

LAUMAR16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I,too have noticed that this model has poor Reception when compared to other phones.  Myself, and three other friends have the 7 and all have dropped calls, no service, etc where we used to have reception.  All are on Verizon network.  Would not recommend this phone. 

0 Likes
KimMartens

My husband and I both got NEW Samsung S7's in April of 2017. The reception is horrible. I would take my old S3 back anytime. I spoke with a Verizon rep who suggested connecting the call to our wifi. Did that still get maybe 1-2 bars in the house. I had to actually stand out on our deck for her to hear me. She suggested a "booster". Sorry..I just paid enough for a NEW phone. Why the heck should I have to buy a booster.  NOT to mention it sounds like it's a major issue with many Samsung S7 users. Otherwise this blog wouldn't even be happening. I think when my contract is up...it's bye bye Verizon.

0 Likes