Bad signal and Slow data connection
hackmangamer777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Model SM-G955U purchased from a Verizon retailer 2 years ago with Verizon GoUnlimited plan. My issue is that I get no reception indoors (Inside my home) and slow reception outdoors, I have to walk into the middle of the street to get 2 bars and 3G connection that drops to 1X connection, My zip code is 85361 and I live in Wittmann AZ, which is a rural city.  I have tried resetting my network settings and troubleshooting my phone through the Verizon app, My phone is up-to-date I keep all apps updated from Play Store, and Galaxy Store and I'm running on the latest update (Android P/9) I checked the coverage map and it claims "4G LTE Quality: Excellent" and the whole area is strongly red that supposedly stands for excellent performance. I heard about the signal/network extenders and I was willing to get one until I did some research and I found out I needed to have an Internet provider (which I also tried so many times for the past months) but apparently rural cities are not a priority to ISP and Mobile networks. Phone works great outside my area and reach incredible speeds when downtown. I'm not willing to change service providers since I been a Verizon customer for 3 years and I loved the speeds, but since I moved this April to this city is where the issues started, not just to Verizon in general because I'm glad I get slow connection rather than my brother's; No reception (T-Mobile). I was also interested on upgrading to the S10 5G but I'm gonna hold on until I at least get 4G working before I even think about 5G speeds. Please contact me for more information, I have attached some images to prove my points, including coverage map for 4G.3G unavailable indoors, 3G becomes available outdoors in the middle of the street.3G unavailable indoors, 3G becomes available outdoors in the middle of the street.

Verizon Coverage Map for 4G "4G LTE Quality: Excellent" previous image proves it wrong.

Labels (1)
Re: Bad signal and Slow data connection
bearone21
Legend

i live in nw phoenix & moving to wittman was your choice + you addressed the issue when you said speeds were great outside your area.

the best you'll see in terms of speeds are 5-12mbps & can be much slower, as yu're finding.

0 Likes
hackmangamer777
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you're saying this are gonna be my estimated speeds? I don't think this is normal to be honest.

4G LTE by the way.4G LTE by the way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I would be more than happy to assist you today. I can understand this may be very frustrating to be without service, but I'm here to help. I have reviewed your area and show there are no current outages in your area. Are you only expierencing this issue while at home or while out and about as well? JasonC_VZW

0 Likes
hackmangamer777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get no reception indoors (Inside my home) and bad reception outdoors, I have to walk into the middle of the street to get 2 bars and 3G connection that drops to 1X connection, I'm pretty sure that's for everyone in the area since I see all my neighbors being outside everytime they make calls. I'm not sure if it's the cell towers that need maintenance or if there is any near ones at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The details about this happening to others is helpful. We appreciate it. Do you find that this happens at certain times of the day? May we have the nearest intersection where this occurs?
Is Advanced Calling on? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211119/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
hackmangamer777
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens mostly throughout the day, the nearest intersection are Phoenix-Wickenberg Hwy and N Center St. And yes, Advancaded Calling is on for HD Voice and Video Calling.

0 Likes