Battery Life Galaxy S6
JAYW00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I plugged in my Galaxy s6 this morning, went to work at 8:00, an hour and a half later it is at 50%. I have done nothing but answer a text message and check the time. This is unreal, I started having issues after the new OS update and Android OS is taking up about 65% of my battery life. I have tried resetting, clearing the cache data and nothing has worked.

The other night charged my phone before going to bed, shut everything off no apps running no WiFi, no location, no blue tooth, wake up to 75% battery life 6.5 hours later in the morning. How? Again look at the battery life in settings and Android OS is eating the battery life.

Any help on this, it is ridiculous to think that I can only get a half day out of a phone that is a year old.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery Life Galaxy S6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most out of your phone JAYWOO. I know having a battery that lasts is key. Have you checked this link for tips to save on your battery: http://spr.ly/65848weqC? I know you mentioned you checked your apps but have you checked to ensure there are no additional software updates as well for the phone?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a sufficient charge for the day is imperative, JAYWOO! Thanks for reaching out as we want to help improve the battery life for your device. I know you stated that the device is discharging at a rapid rate when nothing is being used but have you check to ensure that all of your applications are updated in the Play Store? When you say that you have reset the device, how was this accomplished? Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAYW00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done a reset all settings and hard reset multiple times. All applications are up to date. Again, Android OS is the biggest battery consumer at 25% in 6 hours from a full charge my phone is at 30% battery left with minimal use.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most out of your phone JAYWOO. I know having a battery that lasts is key. Have you checked this link for tips to save on your battery: http://spr.ly/65848weqC? I know you mentioned you checked your apps but have you checked to ensure there are no additional software updates as well for the phone?

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
JAYW00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done all of those and my phone still doesn't last longer than about 9 hours on power save mode hardly using it to do anything but send about 25-30 texts and a couple 5 minute phone calls. Android OS is eating up about 25% of my battery life. I turned the screen to

Android OS is still the main battery consumer at 27%. I turned the screen to basic mode from adaptive display.

No software updates are available, the phone is up to date.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking all these things with your device JAYWOO. I understand how important it is that your phone battery is at its best. Have you run a device health check with your phone? Click here for the steps: http://spr.ly/65878bznL. Please let us know if anything comes up out of the ordinary.

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
JAYW00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ran the test for the battery and everything comes back normal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to learn that everything came back normal JAYWOO. Let's continue to work through this. Is there any physical or liquid damage with your phone? Click here for details on how to check: http://spr.ly/65868bgWn. Do you notice a lot of fluctuation with your signal? Does it jump from 4G to 3G or go from one bar to full bars randomly?

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
JAYW00
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no damage to the phone physical or liquid. The signal remains virtually the same all day no matter where I am.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the added details JAYWOO. We are would like to look closer. I have sent you a Private Message so I can best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes