Battery draining on S6 Edge after Marshmallow update. Help?
dannygully
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone updated today to the new Marshmallow system. After it updated my phone went from 100% to dead in about 3 hours. I charged it and restarted it and it is draining fast again. Please help?

0 Likes
Re: Battery draining on S6 Edge after Marshmallow update. Help?
dannygully
Enthusiast - Level 2

After about 2.5 hours with Verizon chat walking me through all the basic battery life affects/resolutions, it did not work. They put me on with their manager, who then put me on with tech support. Tech support asked questions whether or not I have done things that the Verizon chat representative already walked me through, and said they did not have any more options for me except I can try Samsung directly. I called Samsung, it took another 20 minutes for my call to reach a representative. They say I either need to send my phone in, which will take 10-14 days, or go to best buy to have my phone "re-flashed" with the update. Being I can't go without a phone for 2 weeks, I will have to try to fit a trip into Best Buy after one of my 12 hour shifts to see if it works... Very frustrated

0 Likes
Re: Battery draining on S6 Edge after Marshmallow update. Help?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dannygully I know I need my battery to last longer than 3 hours. Let’s figure out what is going on with your phone. What happens is that the phone software is updated but not all the apps are updated to work with the new software. The first step is to put the phone in safe mode to see if a app is using up the battery. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/175013
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes