Battery won't charge after update! (S4)
beautifuldiskize
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was skeptical about the new update but since the annoying notification wouldn't go away, I decided to go ahead and do it. Literally, minutes after it was finished, I plugged in my phone and it will not charge at all. Like, the little lightning bolt won't even pop up. I have tried several different chargers and outlets. My phone was sitting beside me the entire time, there was no trauma to it whatsoever. I am SO mad. I just got this phone a few days ago. My brother says I should reset it to factory and see if that works?

Help!

Tags (3)
Re: Battery won't charge after update! (S4)
Klue
Master - Level 1

Since you already tried different chargers and outlets a factory reset would be in order. Before you do that have you tried a battery pull for a couple of minutes. If this doesn't work try the factory reset and if that fails and if you are within your 14 day return window, exchange it for a new one.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

This is a major bug being reported all across the net.  Will Verizon reimburse its users for this major bug and all the time wasted trying to debug?  A hard reset?  That is ridiculous...all the apps settings and contacts will be lost..that is NOT A FIX.  Get real people -  I have heard several large companies that are looking into legal options for this major bug. ..just saying..

B33
Legend

Usually a Factory Reset will help and all is not always lost if you have your Contacts backed by Google and with your app as soon as your F.R. and are Finished you can go back re-inter your account and as soon as the phone loads back up your should be able to find your apps in your apps Drawer in Google Play..

0 Likes
ph0tic
Enthusiast - Level 3

its not the lost contacts. i could care less. its the FILES, the images the recorded sound clips. the text messages

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you get an App before you run an F.R. it save your messages you can recover them as your restore your setting, recorded clips are normally in your internal storage or External which an F.R. won't touch then unless you select to clear them as well look in your privacy setting it should have a box to select if you should want to clear that stuff.. Which i don't mess with when i factory Reset.. 

0 Likes
ph0tic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, so here's the problem. My phone will not boot. I get the endless Battery charging boot-loop. I can't do *ANYTHING*

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Okay then you move onto step 2 get a replacement talk to guys at your local store show them the issue you having and see if they'l get you another S4 or at least something else. that you can use.. I'm in your corner I know it's a pain to put up with a device that should work and does not.. So I hope things work out better for ya K' put it to the side for tonight then head to store in the morning if you can,  see what the Guys at your local store can do for ya.. Good Luck Let me know what happens tomorrow.. b

0 Likes
ph0tic
Enthusiast - Level 3

And then i lose all my data. So here's two things verizon *could* do, both of which could be done via Android system recovery:

1. release an update that will at least dump everything in /data to the sdcard. as in an update.zip. And then we factory reset. Nothing is lost.

2. release an update that fixes the problem.

Verizon has to be the people that do it because the updates have to be digitally signed.(rooting discussion removed) I could fix this problem myself as making a backup to SD card is one of its recovery mode options!! If anything, I'll get a loaner but i am not turning in my phone for replacement. that is ridiculous.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

yup that might work, see if you can get a loaner tomorrow, sounds like good plan to go with tell us how works out.Smiley Happy b

0 Likes