Re: Battery won't charge after update! (S4)
danaverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

how did you even get the option to delay it???  i just turned it on one day and it was already updated. 

0 Likes
tsue1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

danaverizon,

You can't turn off your phone, otherwise it will update automatically I believe. Mine keeps telling me I have an update to install, but I have the option of scheduling it for later. It's annoying to keep having to do this each day, but I won't install the update until I hear that a patch has been released that resolves the issues.

You're probably going to need to contact Verizon tech support via phone - I was transferred to a higher level tech, who had me run through a bunch of steps which ultimately led to a phone replacement since mine was unuseable. Of course, this doesn't fix the underlying problem - I know that if I install the update, I'll have the same issues on the replacement.

Sorry for all of your grief. You are not alone!

I do want to say thank you  to the Verizon staff who monitor these boards. Dealing with a bunch of irate users is not fun, and you get the brunt of our dissatisfaction. I think most of us on here realize it is not your fault, and I personally appreciate having a place to vent. My hope is that the staff who monitor the boards will take all of this "feedback" back to who needs to hear it so we can get this resolved.

0 Likes
wanttofish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't hope for much from Verizon wireless. They won't do anything but maybe throw you a free phone case. Verizon blames these type of problems on Samsung & Google. I pay Verizon. Verizon get my money. I get the phone from Verizon. It's Verizon's fault/problem to fix or loose customers. We should have the ability to NOT have to download a system update. I bought the phone. It's mine. I should have the right to download an update or not. I used to be an EXTREMELY LOYAL Verizon wireless customer. NOT ANYMORE.

0 Likes