Beware of updates
pat2590

Where do they get off sending updates that removes features from your phone and hours of data that was put in. Verizon states you should always do updates. Then when your data is lost they blame Samsung. Samsung blames Verizon. I lost hours of data and now Verizon blames me because I said okay to the update. I bought the phone because of the features and now the removal. Where do they have that right. My next update will be in the trashcan. Be aware of updates!!!

End of two hours of telephone calls Verizon representative asks will they be anything else I can do for you, it made me sick thinking of hours I lost.

0 Likes
Re: Beware of updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow pat2590. Updates to any phone are intended to make life easier for you, not to cause so much trouble. We work closely with the manfucaturers of all the phones to make sure the updates they release cause as little difficulties as possible, so I'm disappointed you came across something that deleted valuable hours of work. What happened when your S3 was updated? What was removed? Please share details so we can work away from the brink of the trash can.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
pat2590

Once again you're wasting my time if you wishes to contact me you have my phone number.I will not set on the computer playing chitchat while you people act like your dumb and don't understand the problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No one is going to call you an no the rep that responded to you has no idea who you are or what your number is. What data did you lose on a update? Also if you "data" was actually lost their is nothing anyone can do for you, it's lost.

0 Likes
pat2590

<< Comments removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Always backup your important data to another computer or device.  Verizon is not responsible for lost data.  Phones are lost, stolen, or fail frequently.  Individual apps come and go with system updates.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately any updates to any computer devices, and they are more small computers today than phones should be backed up to other media. There are apps to do it both paid and free from the Google Play Store as well as backing up to your SD card you could have used Astro File Manager which is free to move the data to the folder of your choice and save it there on the SD.

Updates are no longer asked if you want them. They just update on their own.

Not something you like to hear but the truth all the same. In this case you learned something and it taught you a valuable lesson. That in its self will always keep you alert in the future. We all learn from past experience.

The other point here is most of these phones worked perfectly without an update, but you can read all over the internet how customers complain how they did not get Jelly Bean, Or Ice Cream Sandwich and now its Key Lime Pie for the next OS upgrade,. Yet after they get it and the phones work less than before they come in here and all over the net crying Verizon is evil and Verizon ruined my cell phone yada yada yada but Verizon did not make the OS the phone manufacturer did and only they can make a corrective update for Verizon to push out.

Vent your hostility where it really belongs, the phone maker.

pat2590

Wow you guys just don't get it do you...

When there is a feature on the phone and you make entries into a category and they removed that feature totally off of the phone backing it up dozen do you a lot of good. So you back it up and you have the data it doesn't do you any good if the feature no longer exist on the phone. So now once again try to understand this

"there is nowhere to enter the data back in the phone"

0 Likes
Not applicable

pat2590 wrote:

Wow you guys just don't get it do you...

When there is a feature on the phone and you make entries into a category and they removed that feature totally off of the phone backing it up dozen do you a lot of good. So you back it up and you have the data it doesn't do you any good if the feature no longer exist on the phone. So now once again try to understand this

"there is nowhere to enter the data back in the phone"

Depending on the feature or app in question you can or may be able to download it again from the Google Play Store. Try and see if its available

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have yet to explain hat this lost feature is.

0 Likes