Block all international calls
Jnails29
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the past 2 weeks,  I've started getting a ton of international calls.  I block a new one every day but more come in.  It looks like Verizon has removed the call barring feature fron the Galaxy S8 which has a selection to block all international calls.  Why?  Is there a way around this or do I have to finally drop Verizon after 30+ years?

Labels (1)
Re: Block all international calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my goodness, sorry to hear about the issues with blocking unwanted international calls. We would never want you to leave the Verizon family, especially after more than 30 wonderful years. I know it can very unwelcome to receive such calls and I'm happy to shed some light on your options. Regarding a feature being removed from your phone, the manufacturer of your phone ultimately determines this. However, please check out this handy resource for all your call blocking options: http://spr.ly/6602EwaZr Please note that while this article references that Call Filter (which can help block robocalls) is $2.99, this is now only for the premium version. We offer Call Filter basic service (with robocalling blocking capabilities) for free and you can read more about that here: http://spr.ly/6603EwaZT Does this help?      RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
aliway
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the Spam Filter from verizon > go to Block Management and the "International Block" (Beta) can be selected.

0 Likes
janetmorris1

can you tell me more about this "International Block"? where are you when click this option? Is this a phone app? Is it the verizon web site? Is it an extra service I need to buy from verizon? 

0 Likes
jamieadennis

I don't see the option to block international calls on my Android phone, and I have Call Filter Plus installed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jamieadennis,

To block incoming international calls in the Call Filter app, click this link and look for "Block all incoming international calls" https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/ This will have the steps to toggle the feature on or off.

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
georgek999

Verizon has no way to block international calls without paying an upcharge.  Pathetic!

0 Likes
ValleyLAS

No I am having the same problem getting international calls too. I know for a fact that they were previously blocked and I have Call Filter Plus but in the past few months your call filter app is Basically useless and all of my calls for tech support is to get help with your app. It is such a problem that after being a Verizon customer for years, I am seriously considering looking into other options for my cell phone service. I absolutely will not sign a new contract and get a new phone until these problels stop because I certainly do not want to get locked in with you people for 24 to 30 months where I have to call you people every two weeks and waste at least an hour of my time for 30 months. That is just not going to happen. If it continues, I am sure that Any Other Cell Phone Company can do better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are having international calling issues. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note to further assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
DRETAT54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, reading all the entries regarding call filter plus etc. and there are no options to block international calls on my Samsung s22 running Android 12 (it used to be an option). I get numerous spam calls from India every day. The only reason this wouldn't be an option is because Verizon and / or Samsung are in bed with overseas spammers. Really getting tired of phone manufacturers and carriers locking phone OS to keep users from controlling their devices that they pay $1000+ for on top of monthly access charges.

0 Likes