Blue Tooth Problems - Samsung Galaxy S III
SolBalraj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone have issues with bluetooth syncing to car blue tooth phone after recent Verizon update?  My wife's old curve blackberry works and my Galaxy III no longer works after the update.

0 Likes
Re: Blue Tooth Problems - Samsung Galaxy S III
AudiDan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, my phone bluetooth no longer works with my 2009 Audi since the upgrade. The young lady I spoke with at the Verizon store kind of said "tough luck". Verizon and Google need to know that when they take away functionality they have broken the terms of the contract.

Come on Verizon, apply some pressure to get this fixed. The bluetooth function is very important to folks that need to drive alot in the course of there work,

flick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like the latest Jelly Bean update breaks bluetooth for certain Nissan cars.   I called Verizon who connected me to Samsung support. They agreed to open an incident with development.   It's unclear how long it will take to get this fixed.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=41628

imaging away / flick

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have not had any problems connecting a GSIII via BT to my 2011 Toyota Venza. Works just fine after the JB update.

0 Likes
SolBalraj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello everyone,

I too opened up an incident report.  My support person "passed" it along to the support group.  Again, like Flick, no promise on when or if it will be part of a firmware release.  Please open an incident report if you have this problem. Thanks

0 Likes
lpcpcjr

Yes my 2006 BMW-3 Sedan was working fine with the iPhone4s & 4 & Galaxy Nexus but my S3 doesn't even see the car as a device.

0 Likes
SolBalraj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hooray, the latest software release for Samsung Galaxy III fixed the blue tooth issue. Only 6 months to fix. Lol

0 Likes
lpatton515

I have the same problem with my 2013 Fusion - Manually have to sync the phone and I no longer get Text Messages...I AM NOT HAPPY.  Can the update be removed?

0 Likes