Bluetooth WiFi connection issue
clouddiver

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and within past week I have encountered an issue where my bluetooth will either not turn on or if it turns on it shuts itself off shotly thereafter.  Sometimes when it does turn on briefly, I scan for devices and finds none even though I have other bluetooth devices turned on and in range that successfully connected in the past. Anyone have a solution for this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth WiFi connection issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello clouddiver. As an avid Bluetooth user, I can see how these failures can be troubling. I'm glad you've reached out for a solution. I've done some research on this matter as it may relate the the Galaxy S 4 model, but didn't find it to be a known issue. I can see that you're attempted to turn your Bluetooth application on and off. Have you tried any other steps (such as soft or factory resets)? If you have, can you describe the steps you took, and whether or not you noticed any short-term changes as a result?

Also, I would like to know what kind of Bluetooth-capable devices you've been pairing your S 4 with. Do you happen to know the models? Please share that as well. I look forward to hearing back from you.

DionMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clouddiver

I did try a soft reset, but not a factory reset. I know that before a factory reset I will want to backup my personal data and settings. But thought I'd see if there were other alternative solutions before going that route.

In the recent past I had been syncing with my Samsung Gear 2 Model SM-R732 and three automobiles' bluetooth systems: a 2008 Toyota Camry, a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe and Nissan 2012 Murano's. 

Sent from my cell phone.

0 Likes
clouddiver

I think but am not absolutely sure that the problems commenced after downloading an update to my phone's Gear app.

Sent from my cell phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the updates. There are a couple of options that we can try before the reset. The first is safe mode. Please test the device while in the mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83084/. Please share the results  us.
BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cgmoore66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a fix finally for my wi fi. I have a S6 edge plus.  After 4 days of loosing my mind I went to the Verizon store,  they replaced the sim card with a brand new one. My phone works perfectly now! I'm even enjoying marshmallow now. Please pass on so others can keep their sanity. Your customer- [Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for getting back to us, . We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your issue was resolved. Pleas, fell free to reach out to us with any concerns you may have. We are always here to help.
RobertH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
clouddiver

I performed a factory reset after backing up all data on the phone (using Kids 3). I am able with persistence to get Gear to briefly comnect, but then Bluetooth shuts off and the connection is lost. Is this something they might be able to fix in the Verizon store? I am getting frustrated trying to resolve myself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the troubleshooting steps you have so far, clouddiver! We are dedicated to finding the right solution in a channel that is convenient for you. If needed the store can assist with troubleshooting as well. We are still here for you though!  After the factory reset did you test Bluetooth with no 3rd party downloads or were all app immediately restored before test?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
clouddiver

I tested bluetooth before restoring any of my backed up files and apps and before installing any new apps.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes