Bluetooth headset will not announce name or # on incoming call after 4.3 update
Cindy62707
Enthusiast - Level 3

Prior to the 4.3 update, my Bluetooth headsets would announce the incoming call's number (never would announce the name even though it is in contacts).  But since the 4.3 update it will not do anything but ring in my ear when there is an incoming call.  I've spent all afternoon researching this problem and can't find a fix.  I've tried adjusting some settings on the phone but nothing works.  (and the "announce incoming texts and messages" check box just announces/reads everything OUTLOUD!  How do I restore the ability to hear the incoming phone number being announced through my Bluetooth?

also am having problems after the 4.3 update getting the Bluetooth to reliable make outgoing calls hands free. Before the update when I touched the call button, I could hear it make a connection to the phone, then it would make another sound to let me know that the phone is listening, then I could just say "Call whoever" and the phone would dial "whoever".  Now sometimes the Bluetooth connects to the phone but never starts listening for me to talk.  Other times I have to try 3 or 4 times, cancelling out of the "freeze" and restarting the process to make the call each time, and then maybe it would ask me "do you want to call whoever?"

And if put a code to unlock the phone on, the push of the Bluetooth call button wakes up the phone but can't get past the lock.  It is illegal to dial the phone while driving here in Illinois...it all has to be hands free on the phone...but having a security code on the phone (and having the box checked to Outgoing call conditions "Even when device is locked" checked on) the phone just wakes up to a locked screen and it wants you to enter the code and then manually lookup and call the contact person!  How do I keep security on my phone and still be able to use a Bluetooth headset to make an outgoing call?

so besides the battery drain, the sporadic flashlight with incoming calls, wiping out all customization of ring tones, screen widgets, and the camera taking grainy pictures where it used to take sharp crystal clear pictures... who knows what else we will find as we use the phone after this update!!!  Please send out a "NEW" update that will reverse the phone back to the previous working OS while all these problems are being fixed!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth headset will not announce name or # on incoming call after 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cindy62707- We understand the frustration that has been caused with issues from the recent Samsung Update. However, there is not a way to revert to prevoius software. Some have tried master resets to resolve the issues but this does not appear to be a resolution. Samsung is aware of the issue and working on a fix. I apologize that there is not an ETA. We do appreciate your patience in this matter.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth headset will not announce name or # on incoming call after 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cindy62707- We understand the frustration that has been caused with issues from the recent Samsung Update. However, there is not a way to revert to prevoius software. Some have tried master resets to resolve the issues but this does not appear to be a resolution. Samsung is aware of the issue and working on a fix. I apologize that there is not an ETA. We do appreciate your patience in this matter.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes