CHANGING DEVICES
michels-s

I just bought a Verizon Galaxy j7. I want to change devices but it says my plan is no longer available and I have to change. That's fine but I just made a payment. Will they take out an extra $40 to pay for the new plan if that's what I was already paying

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CHANGING DEVICES
mama23dogs
Legend

Yeah, I don’t appreciate those messsages when Switching android phone to android phone.   Unless you are switching Apple to android, or basic phone to android, you do not need to switch plans.  If you did switch from a basic phone, and just refilled with a plan without data, it would trigger a plan change request.  

If that’s the case:  Call Verizon and ask for help, or wait till your month is over to add the phone.  If you change plans now you lose your current plan, the new plan starts right away and requires payment right away. 

0 Likes
michels-s

the problem is, I can't get through to the prepaid customer service or the regular customer service. I've been trying for 2 days all throughout each day. I have the $40 prepaid android plan with 2 g of data. It says that plan is no longer available and I would have to switch to the $40 prepaid android plan with 3 g of data. That would be great. But I wondered if that would trigger another payment. I don't have a phone right now. Mine died. That's why I bought this new phone. I just paid my bill soo I would have to wait until the 3rd of next month. If I could just get a hold of someone at verizon it would be great. I can't even get a hold of any of the dealers around my area

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I don’t know what game Verizon is running, but just swap your SIM card to the new phone.  I moved my sim from Samsung GS9 to pixel 3 xl and refused to do this Nonsense and my pixel work perfectly. 

0 Likes