Calendar appointments disappeared
HARTRU65

I checked my calendar (the one on the phone, not google) and all my appointments past and future are gone.  What happened?  I have not upgraded my phone or changed any settings in the past few days.  Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Calendar appointments disappeared
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@HARTRU65

I wouldn't know where I'm supposed to go without my calendar. Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you able to pull up your calendar through gmail on your computer?  Any error messages on your phone?

0 Likes
HARTRU65

No I could not pull up my calendar through Gmail on my computer.  No error messages either.  Just an fyi all entries were entered directly on the phone.  I do have Hotmail (outlook) email that syncs to my phone but I do not enter anything in that calendar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HARTRU65-

My calendar is my life, I can certainly understand how frustrating this might be. We will get to the bottom of this in no time. Around the time this happened, do you remember downloading or updating any applications? What happens if you enter in a fake appointment, does the appointment save to the calendar or does it disappear?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HARTRU65

I remember checking my settings to make sure I wasn't going to go over my data limits but I don't think I actually had to change anything.  I did not download any applications but some of them update on their own so I can't say for sure if any were updated around that time.  I did enter an appointment in my phone last week (for this Friday) and it's still there. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details Hartru65. I rely on my calendar to keep on top of things so I completely understand how important it is for it to work properly.

Just be clear, which phone do you have (S6 or S6 Edge)? Do you remember the exact date the calendar entries were deleted? Last week when you entered the appointment for this Friday, had all the entries already been deleted?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HARTRU65

I have the S6.  Sorry I do not know the exact date but the best guess was Sunday 9/11 or Monday 9/12 because when I looked at my calendar on Tuesday 9/13 in the morning they were gone.  All entries were already deleted when I entered the new appointment for this Friday. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HARTRU65,

That's okay! I appreciate all the details you have provided. We want to make sure this doesn't happen again. What app on the phone are you using for your calendar?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
HARTRU65

I use the Calendar app that comes on the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our calendars are crucial to keeping us organized, HARTRU65. We’re still on the case. When you go to your calendar now, tap More in the top right, and then Manage Calendars, how many calendars do you see in that section? If there’s more than one calendar, what happens when you switch view to a different calendar?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes