Call Filter Free not working
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

My S8 is running Android Pie, the new OS. I somehow managed to enroll my line in Call Filter Free, as confirmed on the Verizon Up app. It was not easy. My phone has Call Filter 9.3.1.1. It hasn't done anything, but ask me to subscribe for 2.99. If I go to account it says I am Unsubscribed. What is going on Verizon? Seems like a bad rollout.

Labels (1)
Re: Call Filter Free not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What troubleshooting steps have you attempted since you first started havint his issue? How long have you been having th is issue?

FranciscoP_VZW

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I now seem to have Call Filter version 9.4.1. Verizon Up says my line has Call Filer Free. The Call Filter App now says I have free spam protection. When I go to Recent Activity, it says Spam Filter is Off. It won't let me move the slider to turn it on. This service is truly a mystery.

Verizon, can you help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern to be able to use your features. Call filter free does come with free spam protection. The greyed out feature you are looking at could be part of the paid feature options. What issues are you having with the service at the moment? Are you able to use your call filter at all? Have you tried uninstalling and installing back the application?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://flic.kr/p/2g6LA1m

The above is a screenshot...it says Spam Filter offf...when I click on it, I get a slider to auto block spam by risk level and it will not turn on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’re right about it needing to be slid into the ‘on’ position. When turned on a message of “All Spam calls are now blocked” will appear at the bottom.

When apps don’t respond as they are designed to we typically recommend to uninstall the app and reinstall.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vzw.ecid&hl=en_US
You’ll find when selecting the “uninstall” option on the Play Store it will ask “Do you want to uninstall all updates…? “ Agree to this.

After it finishes choose “update” and then “open” . Are you then able to turn it on?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the advice. It did not work. Is there a way to get help from Tier II support?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to learn it's working now. Thank you for sharing the details as to what was causing the problem. We will certainly share this information. Is there anything else we can review with you? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Jphart03

So what was causing the problem? How did he fix it? None of this has been shared

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We appreciate your question. Our technical department is responsible for solving what causes different problems on the network, however, we do not have access to review this information. Please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes